Saturday, February 02, 2008

Poetry Nut

Last night we watched August Rush. Its universal message about the calling of Soul applies to each of us whether our passion is music, motorcycles or make-overs. My art form is poetry. What is the kernel of your dream?

Poetry Nut

There’s something I can’t touch,
but I love its application
As I listen
to the nut
of every shell.

There’s a voice in every Soul
every scene
every stone
and it calls us to attention
when we listen.

There’s a gift in every form
transcribed as song
and dance and poem
if we listen
to the voice of every form.

.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment, Ardi, I found this particular poem of yours very nice and it resonates with me. My father's side of our family (and he'd be 110 now if he were alive) wrote much poetry and my oldest cousin in her mid-80s sent me a small pillow embroidered with "My Family Tree Is Full of Nuts" ... guess it should've said "Poetry Nuts" but they looked more like acorns ;o)
    Kyle ^;^

    ReplyDelete