Monday, April 14, 2008

late martin

.
knocking now on dawn's window
what was only random thoughts of longing
now a song more seen than heard
as the frozen wind
rattling branches and drifting white
wisps for a new note
of possibility .
only yesterday
still rain and gloom-cast
then like a late martin migrating
air currents carry my heart
to every corner of chance
now seeing only aces
in a hand of magic
to play the heart card
and start a fire in the hearth .
knowing weather's wind of change
and every morning's dawn
draws open the blind
of new possibility
and sunshine
.

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful ... I love "playing the heart card" Thank you for helping me stay centered on what is important...the "heart card".
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, somehow I posted this same comment twice, so I removed one. Hmmmmmm, just wanted to thank you for the beautiful poem (as well as the others that followed). So there! I posted twice anyway! ;o) KLH

    ReplyDelete