Friday, January 27, 2006

Morning Two

Still coming back from a good night's ride...
this quality of trod
the higher trails with vistas
rivers running through my dreams
and walking each new step
on the weathered deck
of an ark long lodged
atop this rock

Then a sound took me back, as this one often does.
four engines droning
in my heart, my gut, my loins
flying low and heavy laden
starburst at 10 o'clock
my cap had wings

Flying, by aircraft or by my nightly journeys, always thrills me. Both take me to the place and time I've lived before. Love the flight. Have you been there?

4 comments:

  1. do you fly often? I love it, but it's not often that I get to
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jet or plane? I used to have to fly a lot way back in the past, for various reasons. Its been about 4 years since I have flown, and I now miss it. I remember the last time, sitting in the jet, "forced" to not have to do anything or get anything done, just sit, still and quiet looking out at the clouds from way up high..that feeling of being so light, and floating, all my cares brushed aside, "oneness" connected with "sky"..sigh..

    Thanks for sharing Ardi..it was beautiful

    Angel Blessings,
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit,I don't fly often enough in the way I like.
    Okay, so I'm not even a pilot--this lifetime anyway. But I know it in my bones, and no one can convince me I haven't had a past life as such--probably circa WWII--right before I checked back in as a Boomer. My brother has a small plane though, so I have gotten to take the yoke on occasion. Clouds, sunsets, the beauty of earth's heavens I enjoy from the ground. In the air it's all power. Can't explain it, but the raw dominance over machine and environment is a force to be reckoned with. Respect for all in God's care. That "oneness" connects us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't been there but I am here.

    ReplyDelete